Online support groups? Isn’t a face-to-face meeting better? The fact is that we are getting very used to communicating online. We meet new people, make new friends (thank you Facebook), and look for solutions to our problems online. It isn’t so surprising, really, that support groups exist and thrive online.
The sites below are dedicated to helping people form support groups online. Take a look for yourself and see what you think. Is this a healthy and helpful alternative to face-to-face meetings?
- Supportgroups.com – list of available support groups
- MDJunction – Online support groups for health challenges
- Online Mental Health Discussions and Resources
- Parenting Resources
- Long Term Care, Assisted Living, Skilled Nursing, Day Care…What’s the Difference?
- When the Arts and Social Services Unite
- Mental Health and Disability Redesign in Iowa